Subscribe to Cherries YouTube Channel
Symmetry Tool in Adobe Photoshop
Drawing mirrored shapes symmetrically always requires accuracy and patient, but what is I tell you it is the easiest job to draw mirrored and symmetric shapes in photoshop!
In this video we learn how to easily create artistic shapes that are mirrored in different axis only by drawing in one segment of axis. We see how the drawing is replicated to other segments and how you can set different properties of your brush while you are drawing.
We do this using Symmetry tool in photoshop a simple tool that can be used easily even in a minute.
- Open Adobe Photoshop.
- Create a black background.
- Add a layer using the add layer icon (plus icon) at the bottom of layer panel.
- Select brush tool from the left pane.
- Click on butterfly icon at the top bar.
- Select the symmetry you want.
- Click on brush tool again and start drawing in one segment.
- Simply right click on the canvas to change the properties of your brush, like size, type, etc.
- We can also change the Symmetry axis and set the number of segments if we choose “Mandala” symmetry option.